Since the day of watching Dr.dolittle, I always wished I could talk to animals.
Won’t that be a heartwhelming superpower to possess?
- It is impossible to believe if such is even possible in real life.
- But what if I say there soon will be a device which will allow us to talk to animals too?
- So far we already are communicating with animals ,but it ain’t so effective.
Our conversation with pets is still primitive
- But won’t that be wonderful if they had a voice and we could actually talk and understand their thoughts better.
- To communicate better we need to have a common language,
Otherwise it will just complicate everything.
How is it possible?
- Yeah seems pretty impossible but with the advancements in the technology with A.I.
- The possibility has increased dramatically.
- Actually we have already witnessed the glimpse of such possibility in an animated Movie ‘UP’.
- In the movie ‘UP’, an explorer named Charles Muntz had a special device that could fit in his dog’s collar which allows it to communicate with humans.
- Experts are working on such a project expecting a revolutionary invention to bridge the gap in the communication.
So,What do we need?
Let's Breakdown some facts first!
1. Animals do communicate
2. Their language is primitive
3. Different animals communicate differently.
4. They lack physical capabilities when compared to humans for talking.
5.Also they lack memory.
For effective communication :
Both ends need to understand each other, think about it and Respond to in relevance to the subject.
How we talk?
- A common language
- Memorize a set of patterns
- Physical capability
Why is it so good to have?
- To start off, millions of pets are being euthanized just because their behaviours couldn’t be understood properly to be treated.
How it will change everything?
- With the development of such a device, although not as realistic talk as we do with other humans but still good enough to save millions.
- Yet only we could understand them and expecting them to understand us that much, is still a long call to make.
- For that they need to have similar level of cognitive capabilities.
- But most animals lack those requirements.
- A monkey can’t remember as many words as a human can, and we humans match ape by 99%.
- With other animals this level keeps diminishing.
- So maybe in future with Cyborgism, AI or Gene editing techniques, we can understand the thoughts and translate or even provide them with the memory and physical capabilities.
- The difference between animals will not remain the same.
With the good comes the unexpected.
Will the planet of apes come alive then?
- The future has always been unpredictable and the best part is how it always strides towards a better way of life.
IMAO our world will be a way better place when we start understanding each other better.