Japan never ceases to amaze the world especially when it comes to evolution of technology.
And this time there are going a step ahead.
The government of Japan is planning to introduce 6G before 2030.
- 2030 may seem a little far but achieving that level of technology advancement is no game.
- The discussion on it’s implementation will take place before the end of January itself.
- The participation of University researchers and private sector officials can be expected in the panel.
- Also people from NTT and Toshiba will be invited for the performance goals and policy support by June.
- While Chinese smartphone Xiaomi co-founder had announced his plans to pump a whopping $7 billion in 5G,Iot and AI for the first half of the decade.
- As per the estimation, there will be about a million new 5G base stations in China in 2020 which is way higher that predicted.
The Cheapest 5G Option only costs $18.
- China and USA already have started implementing 5G commercially.
- And China’s three carriers all launched 5G plans for a fraction of the cost in the US.
What is 6G anyway?
- 5G is the next generation of 4G LTE. Similarly 6G is an advanced generation of 5G. While 6G exists as a theoretical concept and is atleast a decade away from reality.
Why even think about 6G?
6G is expected to be 10 times faster than 5G.
- 5G has only 4ms latency and 6G may possibly achieve a perfect latency free communication.
Where can this be used?
- The exponential growth of technology requires powerful internet.
- The key fields like Artificial Intelligence, virtual reality and augments reality will be highly benefited with 6G.
With great Power comes greater Responsibilities.